RN-BSN Nursing Online Completion
- Applicants must be a high school graduate or hold a general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Applicants must present documentation of a current and active RN license (must be obtained prior to registering for nursing core courses).
- Applicants must be a resident of Ohio, Michigan, or Indiana, or a SARA approved state.
- All official transcripts of previous course work must show a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Official transcripts must show a conferred associate degree in nursing, or diploma in nursing, from a program accredited by either the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA). See conditional admission criteria if you are a graduate of an unaccredited nursing program.
Graduates of non-accredited nursing programs seeking admission to the completion (RN-to-BSN) program must meet the following criteria to ensure that standards set forth by ACEN and/or CNEA have been met:
- Applicants must complete 11-12 semester credit hours of required courses in the completion (RN- to- BSN) curriculum at Mercy College with a “C” or better in each course.
- Completion of NUR 304: Transitions in Professional Nursing
- Two additional required courses in general education and/or sciences.
- Petitions for conditional admission will be considered on an individual basis by the Dean of Nursing, RN-BSN Program Director and BSN faculty.
- Admission will be granted to qualified candidates on a “space available” basis.
Prospective students applying for the BSN Completion Program (RN-to-BSN) at Mercy College of Ohio may receive blocked credit for a previously earned college degree or diploma. No more than two full years of academic credit will be given. The Program Director and Nursing Advisor for the BSN Completion Program will evaluate the curriculum based on the accreditation essentials for the discipline and recommend to the Office of Student Records the amount of credit to be granted in the block.
For students who are not United States citizens and/or for whom English is a second language, please review the college catalog online for further admission information.