The Paramedic Certificate program seeks to prepare students to work as part of the healthcare team to provide care to emergency patients in an out-of-hospital setting. The program will include didactic, laboratory, clinical and field practicum components specifically designed to prepare students for entry into professional practice as Paramedics, and it also prepares them to sit for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) exam. The program has been accredited by the State of Ohio, Department of Public Safety Division of Emergency Medical Services (OH-22).
Program Learning Outcomes
The certificate completer will be able to:
- Demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking skills in a pre-hospital environment.
- Demonstrate clinical competence in performing pre-hospital assessment of the ill or injured victim in a professional manner.
- Utilize effective communication skills.
- Relate the importance of continuous learning, professional development and Christian values.
- Successfully complete the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) examination.