- Applicants must be a high school graduate with a grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.0, or a general equivalency (GED) recipient with a score of 500 (score of 50 prior to 2002). If an applicant’s GPA or GED score is below the minimum, he/she may be eligible for admission under transfer student guidelines.
- A transfer student must be a high school graduate or a GED recipient and have earned a minimum of 15 credit hours of college coursework from a regionally accredited college, with a GPA of at least 2.0. For applicants who have attended more than one regionally accredited college, GPA’s from all colleges must combine to equal at least a 2.0.
- Applicants must possess a current and valid Emergency Medical Technician certificate in the State of Ohio and submit proof of such. Need your EMT-Basic certification? Learn about the EMT-Basic program at Mercy College.
- Applicants must complete EMS 103, Anatomy and Physiology for Prehospital Providers, or its equivalent, with a grade of “C” or better.
- Applicants must submit to a background check, drug screen, and meet health requirements according to program policy.
For students who are not United States citizens and/or for whom English is a second language, please review the college catalog for further admission information.