Master of Science in Nursing
Students seeking admission to the MSN program must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a completed graduate program application with required documents and fee.
- Possess a degree in nursing at the bachelor’s level or higher from a regionally accredited institution and a professionally accredited (ACEN or CCNE) program.
- Submit official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
- Possess a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 scale on undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Proof of an active RN license with no restrictions.
- Submit a current professional resume or CV and statement of purpose. The statement of purpose (750-1000 words) should state your education and career goals and reason for seeking this degree. This will be submitted when completing the online application.
- Provide three professional references. References can be emailed this online form to complete: https://mercycollege.wufoo.com/forms/msn-reference-form/
- Once accepted into the program, complete a criminal background check and drug screen.
In addition to the requirements noted above and the items noted on the Prospective Students page, online program students must submit copies of two forms of identification as part of the application process as noted below.
One (1) should be a:
- Valid Driver’s License from any U.S. state or territory, or
- Valid State ID from any U.S. state or territory
AND the other can be any one (1) of the following:
- State Government Issued Certificate of Birth
- Professional Licensure (RN or ARRT)
- Passport from any country
- Social Security card
- Utility Bill
- Voter Registration Card
- Vehicle Registration Card
- Mercy College student ID
- Paycheck Stub with Name and Address
- Cancelled Check or Bank Statement
Copies can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Mercy College, ATTN: Admissions, 2221 Madison Avenue, Toledo, OH 43604. It is recommended to copy the documents in color if possible for best results.