Health Information Technology
In addition to meeting college admission requirements, the following Health Information Technology Program admission requirements must be met:
- All applicants must either be a high school graduate with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.3, or a general equivalency diploma (GED) recipient with a score of 530 (score of 53 prior to 2002). If an applicant’s GPA or GED score is below the minimum, he/she may be eligible for admission under transfer student guidelines.
- Transfer student guidelines: A transfer student must be a high school graduate of a GED recipient and have earned a minimum of 15 semester hours of college coursework from a regionally accredited college with a GPA of 2.3. For applicants who have attended more than one regionally accredited college, GPA’s from all colleges must combine to equal at least a 2.3.
- Math placement test required with the following exceptions:
- Meet or exceed ACT/SAT math score required for MTH 100 (within the past 5 years), OR
- Successful completion of college-level math (grade of “C” or better) from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, OR
- Transfer credit (MTH 100 level or higher with a grade of “C” or better.) from a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
All courses, with the exception of the Professional Practice Experience (PPE), are delivered online. All students must comply with the following requirements prior to the Professional Practice Experience:
- Criminal Background Check
- Health requirements (including drug screen)
- Any and all site-specific requirements
For students who are not United States citizens and/or for whom English is a second language, please review the college catalog online for further admission information.