Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
The EMT-Basic certificate program seeks to prepare students to work as part of the healthcare team to provide care to emergency patients in an out-of-hospital setting. The program will include didactic, laboratory, and clinical components specifically designed to prepare students for entry into professional practice as Emergency Medical Technicians in the State of Ohio, and it also prepares them to sit for the National Registry Written Examination. The program has been accredited by the State of Ohio, Department of Public Safety, Division of Emergency Medical Services (OH-22).
The certificate completer will also be able to:
- Demonstrate basic problem-solving skills in a pre-hospital environment.
- Demonstrate fundamental and foundational knowledge in performing basic pre-hospital assessment of the ill or injured victim in a professional manner.
- Utilize effective communication skills.
- Relate the importance of continuous learning, professional development and Christian values.
- Successfully complete the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) examination.