Applying for Graduation
Graduation Applications are available on the sixth floor of the College at the Student Records Office. Please have your academic advisor review your plan of study, and then sign your graduation application and return it to the Student Records Office or Darnell Irvine (at the Youngstown location).
Students who plan to graduate in the following semesters your applications are due:
Fall 2017 (see commencement information below)
Friday, June 30, 2017
Friday, November 3, 2017
- Toledo - May 3, 2018
- Youngstown - May 7, 2018
Graduation Information update will occur on January 22, 2018.
Fall Commencement Information
Congratulations! The Mercy College community is proud of how hard you have worked to earn your degree!
To celebrate your achievement, Commencement will occur on Friday, December 15, 2017 from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. at the Rosary Cathedral. Please be sure to order you cap and gown and RSVP for the event by the November 9 deadline!
- Caps and gowns are priced differently per student, depending on the degree you are earning.
- You must purchase the gown that corresponds with your degree. (For example: Bachelor's degree students must purchase the Bachelor's degree package which include the cap, gown, and hood).
- Go to: jostens.com
- Next to Get Started Now type in Mercy College of Ohio and select
- Click on Graduation Caps and Gowns
- Choose: Student Toledo Campus 2017 Grad OR Student Youngstown Campus 2017 Grad
- Click on either the Certificate or Associate or Bachelor (depending on the certification/degree you are earning or have earned as of the 2017 academic year)
- Click on the Customize It button
- Enter your height and weight and click on Next
- Select the major in which you will be obtaining or have obtained your degree in the 2017 academic year and click on Complete
- Click on Add to Cart
- Type in Your First and Last Name and click on Check Out Now
- Once your order has been successful, you will receive a "Thank You" message and confirmation number. Print this for your records. In the event of an order error, you will need to submit this to student records to avoid additional fees.
- The Rosary Cathedral is located at 2535 Collingwood Blvd. Toledo, OH 43610.
- Graduates are asked to arrive at 5:00 p.m. for sign in, regalia assistance, and line up instructions at the Monsignor Smith Auditorium (adjacent to the Cathedral). Guests will be allowed into the Cathedral through the main entrance facing Collingwood Blvd. beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- The Commencement Ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- We ask that you limit your guests to seven per graduate.
- Please reference the Rosary Cathedral Map for location and parking directions: Rosary Cathedral Map (PDF)
Personal appointments made upon request.