Students attend AICUO Independent College Day
AICUO is the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities in Ohio, a group that represents the interests of its members to Ohio’s lawmakers, regulators, and citizens. Four Mercy College students (pictured above) participated in the AICUO Independent College Day on February 8, 2017 in Columbus, Ohio accompanied by Deanna Vatan, Mercy College's Director of Student Life and Housing.
Mercy College of Ohio Office of Student Life’s mission is to encourage students development and college success through intentional co-curricular engagement experiences. The Office of Student Life provides meaningful campus events, leadership development opportunities, and exposure to diverse topics to prepare students for leadership as a student and as a healthcare professional.
The Office of Student Life provides oversight for Student Government, Registered Student Organizations, Student Orientation And Registration (SOAR), and Student Housing. More information can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why get involved on campus?
- Develop marketable leadership and organizational skills
- Develop and clarify personal values
- Enhance creative thought and expression
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Learn the importance of cooperation, teamwork, work ethic, and being an active member of a group
- Develop interpersonal and time management skills
- Experience cultural sharing and exchange
- Develop self-initiative, discipline, independence, and responsibility
- Gain practical experience that can be used to enhance a portfolio or resume
- Make lasting relationships with students, faculty, and staff