Youngstown: Youngstown: Clair Willrich, MSEd. LPC, provides counseling services at Mercy College, Youngstown location. Phone: 330-480-2874 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you feel your problem is urgent and you cannot wait to schedule an appointment, please contact the Director of Counseling and Wellness Center immediately (419-251-1454).
- If you are unable to reach the Director, please contact the Vice President of Student Affairs (419-251-1512 or Room 5808).
- If you have a concern about your safety or the safety of others, please contact campus security at (419) 251-1463 or 911.
o Lucas County Residents: Rescue Mental Health Services, (419) 255-9585
o Mahoning County Residents: Help Hotline, (330) 747-2696
o National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-TALK (8255)
o National Sexual Assault Hotline: (800) 656-HOPE (4673)
Common Reasons for Seeking Counseling
Students may seek counseling for help with resolving emotional or personal issues. Some of the common issues for seeking counseling include, but are not limited to: adjustment issues, academic concerns, anger management, anxiety, test anxiety, concentration difficulties, depression, domestic violence, eating disorders, family problems, sexual identity concerns, self-esteem, or stress management.
While many issues can be resolved with the help of a counselor, it is sometimes necessary to refer students to external providers in order to get the most appropriate treatment.
How Does Counseling Work?
Counseling works by helping people objectively look at behaviors, feelings, and thoughts in problematic situations. Counseling helps people to learn more effective ways to deal with those situations. Counseling is a collaborative effort. You and your counselor will work together to achieve your goals and reach a greater peace of mind.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Call 419-251-1454 (Toledo) or 330-480-2874 (Youngstown)
- Stop by the counseling office in room 5812 (Madison)
- Fill out the “Request for Counseling Services Form” on this site.
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org