Clinical Program Students:
Welcome to Mercy College of Ohio! Please bookmark this page as it contains important information for clinical students and is updated when new information is available.
Once you have been officially accepted into the clinical program:
- Review the information regarding prerequisites which must be completed prior to clinical participation.
- Begin collecting all of your medical records to determine what you still need to complete (review the Basic Requirements Information below).
- Schedule an appointment with your physician if you have not had a physical within the past six months. Documentation does not have to be on our form if a physical has already been completed within the timeframe.
You will create an account with CastleBranch to store your documentation, and their reviewers will ensure that the information you have provided meets the clinical requirements.
Students who have been absent from the clinical portion of their program for six months or longer are required to place new CastleBranch orders to update the documentation required by the clinical sites. Do not ask CastleBranch to move a prior account, because doing so will only cause delays and you will still be required to create a new account. Please refer to the Returning Students Information under the FAQs and Tips section below.
DO NOT SCHEDULE fingerprinting/background check or drug screening until after your CastleBranch account has been created. You must use the fingerprinting and drug screen forms and instructions in your CastleBranch account. We cannot accept results from other parties.
When you are ready to CREATE YOUR CASTLEBRANCH ACCOUNT:
- Print the Student Checklist to help you stay on track.
- Open the Program Codes and Deadlines to locate the applicable information and write it on your checklist.
- Make sure you know your EMPOWER number or Student ID number.
- Have a credit card/payment method to pay for your CastleBranch account.
- Go to the ordering portal to proceed: https://portal.castlebranch.com/MD57
There are four components of your CastleBranch account - all must remain compliant while you are in the clinical program to maintain eligibility for clinical participation. Additional details about all of these are found under the Basic Requirements Information:
- Health records
- Drug test
- Background check
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com and include your full name and the program you are enrolled in.