Students who have earned credentials and maintain active status for the below certifications will be recognized as having achieved the learning outcomes for the corresponding coursework in the Medical Imaging program. Students will be granted the credit hour equivalent for their respective credentials.
|Credentialing Body||Credential||Credit Hours||Course Equivalent|
|ABII||Certified Imaging Informatics Professional (CIIP)||3||IMG 305|
|ABMRS||Magnetic Resonance Safety Officer (MRSO)||3||IMG 445|
|ARRT||Bone Densitometry (BD)||3||IMG 345|
|ARRT||Breast Sonography (BS)||3||IMG 499 (3)|
|ARRT||Cardiac Interventional (CI)||3||IMG 499 (3)|
|ARRT||Cardiovascular Interventional (CV)||6||IMG 499 (6)|
|ARRT||Computed Tomography (CT)||9||IMG 310; IMG 330; IMG 340|
|ARRT||Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR)||9||IMG 310; IMG 430; IMG 440|
|ARRT||Mammography (M)||3||IMG 350|
|ARRT||Quality Management (QM)||3||IMG 410|
|ARRT||Vascular Interventional (VI)||3||IMG 499 (3)|
|MDCB||Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD)||15||IMG 499 (15)|
|NMTCB||Computed Tomography (CT)||9||IMG 310; IMG 330; IMG 340|
|NMTCB||Nuclear Cardiology (NCT)||3||IMG 499 (3)|
|NMTCB||Positron Emission Tomography (PET)||6||IMG 499 (6)|
|NMTCB||Radiation Safety (RS)||3||IMG 499 (3)|
|RACC||Certified Radiology Administrator (CRA)||12||HCA 312; HCA 410; HCA 412; IMG 470|
|ARRT/ARDMS/NMTCB||Multiple Primary Certifications - See below for criteria||15||IMG 499 (15)|
Multiple Primary Certifications
- *ARRT/NMTCB/ARDMS Certification in two (2) or more Primary Pathways will result in 15 credit hours for IMG 499 – Medical Imaging Independent Study.
- Primary pathways are defined as:
- Radiography, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Radiation Therapy, General Sonography (RDMS), Vascular Sonography (RVT), and Cardiac Sonography (RDCS).
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging is considered a primary pathway if credential is acquired through the completion of a JRCERT-accredited MR program – otherwise MR certification will be considered a post-primary modality, equivalent to 9 credit hours.
Students must meet institutional residency credit hour requirements regardless of total number of credits earned for professional certifications. 36 credit hours will need to be taken at Mercy College and 15 of those 36 hours must be courses with an IMG prefix.
- ARRT – American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- NMTCB – Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board
- ARDMS – American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- ABII – American Board of Imaging Informatics
- MDCB – Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board
- RACC – Radiology Administration Certification Commission
- ABMRS – American Board of Magnetic Resonance Safety
- JRCERT – Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology