Mercy Café MenuSubmitted by Steve Joyce
Textbook Adoption System for Summer and Fall 2018Submitted by Beverly Miller
Textbook Adoption System for Summer and Fall 2018 - Available Monday, February 26 - Friday, March 9, 2018
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) Textbook Provision compliance-monitoring deadline for both Summer 2018 and Fall 2018 semesters is Friday, March 9, 2018.
A faculty textbook adoption form must be submitted for every course by this deadline. If you plan to forgo any textbooks for a course, you must complete the form and indicate that no textbook is required by clicking the “Submit with No Books Required” button.
The link to the adoption form is included below.
Username is: mercyoh
Password is: mercyoh
Please contact our Matthews Books representative, Ashley White at email@example.com with any textbook questions and concerns and your division’s Administrative Specialist for assistance.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation as we comply with the HEOA.
YOU can make a DIFFERENCE! Please help.Submitted by Mary Bergs
The Noel-Levitz student satisfaction survey begins today. YOU are important in the process. Please encourage your students to complete the survey. More information will be available at the College Assembly today. If you cannot attend the meeting, please ask someone to take a handout for you or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request information.
Walk the Labyrinth!Submitted by Sister Sally Bohnett, SND
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
February 19-21, 2018
St. Joseph Chapel
Available all day
"Take a walk!" An easy way do this at Mercy College is to walk the Labyrinth. This large canvas mat is laid out in the Chapel on the three days noted above to give you an opportunity to follow the path and relax. To walk the Labyrinth is a wonderful way to focus and slow down in our hectic lives. Here are some comments of those who have walked it:
"Very calming. Just what I needed."
"Good way to clear your head!"
Project Linus Blanket DaySubmitted by Sister Sally Bohnett, SND
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
3rd floor Jefferson Lobby,
11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Anytime
This is a service project for students on the Toledo campus! Stay for 10 minutes, an hour, or whatever works for you. The blankets will be given to Lucas County Children Services and Mercy Children’s Hospital. If you can tie a knot, you can make a blanket! Stop by and join the fun!
Still Wondering What To Do for Lent?Submitted by Sister Sally Bohnett, SND
Here are some creative ideas from Jennifer Miller at Dynamic Catholic...
Things To Give Up:
1. Don't eat what you want. If you want OJ, drink water. If you want a banana, eat an orange... get the idea?
2. Give something away every day.
3. Give up interrupting people (spend more time listening).
4. Give up complaining (focus on the good).
5. Don't waste downtime (instead of looking at your phone, take time to pray, to breathe, to reach out to someone).
Things To Do:
1. Spend time in the classroom of silence! Disconnect all electronics and just BE even if just for 5 minutes.
2. Read the Gospels or another spiritual reading.
3. Sit in Church with God. Sitting in the quiet can be quite powerful. (And we have a church - St. Joseph Chapel, right next to the Library!)
4. Do an act of love every day - it doesn't have to be big - just do something.
Items Sent to Students via Inside Mercy College
Everyone who completes the designated survey will receive a $5 Amazon gift card and be entered into a drawing for a $500 gift card. Gift cards will be emailed after the survey closes.