As partners in furthering the academic success of Mercy College students, the library staff maintains a collection of materials that supports the programs of Mercy College, provides access to information outside of our library, promotes information literacy, and encourages lifelong learning.
The library staff can assist faculty in a number of ways:
- The Library maintains a collection that supports the programs of Mercy College by keeping usage statistics of our materials and by welcoming faculty suggestions for purchase.
- Through our membership in OPAL (Ohio Private Academic Libraries) we have access to OhioLINK resources. To access these online services, faculty must use the library bar code number. Visit the library online services page.
- OR go to the OhioLINK homepage.
- The librarians will provide bibliographic instruction for your classes upon request. The librarians can spend 15 minutes or an entire class to introduce the most relevant research tools to your students. Please make your request at least two weeks in advance, since databases and websites often change their look, and time is needed to revise handouts. Individual student instruction is also available by appointment with the librarians. Contact Deb Johnson at 419-251-1821 or email DLjohnson@mercycollege.edu with this request.
- Faculty are encouraged to perform their own literature searches. However, the librarians will also perform research for faculty upon request. You can download the form to request this service below.
- If you need to borrow materials that cannot be located on OhioLINK, call the librarians who may be able to find the materials in libraries outside the OhioLINK system. You can download the interlibrary loan request form below.
- Materials can be put on reserve for your classes. Library audiovisuals, books, and journals, as well as faculty personal copies may be put on reserve for students to view or read in the Library. To maintain copyright compliance, a Library Reserve Materials Form must be completed for each item held on reserve. You can download the library reserve materials form below.
- The Library Computer Lab can be reserved for your classes by completing a Library Computer Lab Request Form which is available below.