Canvas 24/7 Support Line: (844) 358-6881
Canvas and its hosting infrastructure are designed for maximum compatibility and minimal requirements.
- Canvas is best viewed at a minimum of 800x600, which is the average size of a notebook computer. If you want to view Canvas on a device with a smaller screen, we recommend using the Canvas mobile app.
- Windows 7 and newer (users on Windows 10 need to download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to submit Canvas assignments)
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux – chromeOS
Mobile Operating System Native App Support
- iOS 7 and newer (versions vary by device)
- Android 4.2 and newer
Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512kbps
Canvas supports the current and first previous major releases of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11 and Edge (Windows only—please make sure your operating system is also current as noted in the computer specifications lesson; you may need to download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update to submit Canvas assignments)
- Safari 9 and 10 (Macintosh only)
- Chrome 57 and 58
- Firefox 52 and 53 (Extended Releases are not supported)
- Flash 24 and 25 (used for recording or viewing audio/video and uploading files)
- Flash is required for recording or viewing audio/videos. Other than these features, Flash is not required to use most areas of Canvas. Please note that some browsers may no longer support Flash.
- The Java plug-in is required for screen sharing in Conferences. Please note that some browsers do not support Java. Otherwise, there are no other browser plug-ins used by Canvas.