The purpose of the Auxiliary is to enhance the mission of the College through fundraising activities and volunteer services in support of a Christian learning environment.
The Mercy College Auxiliary History
The current Mercy College Auxiliary had its roots in the Mercy Guild established in 1918 to support the newly established Mercy Hospital. The group devoted itself to sewing items for the hospital. In 1933 the Guild was restructured and expanded it efforts to include raising funds to purchase needed items such as oxygen tents, refrigerators, and even an electric potato peeler. A gift shop was established to replace the traditional gift cart. As many as 750 members belonged to the Guild.
In 1993, the Mercy Hospital Guild changed its name to the Mercy Hospital Auxiliary. A second change came in 1996 when the Hospital closed and Mercy College moved into the renovated Hospital building. The name of the organization was changed to the Mercy College Auxiliary. The Auxiliary’s spirit continued to support Mercy health care with a new focus of preparing nursing and allied healthcare givers.