The dropdowns below provide recent information regarding student characteristics, retention, and College and program outcomes.
Student Data Statistics
|Fall 2016 data as reported to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)|
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio||7 to 1|
|Undergraduate Student Characteristics|
|Percent of undergraduates who are female||86%|
|Percent of undergraduates who are full-time||37%|
|Percent of Undergraduates by Race/Ethnicity|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0%|
|Black or African American||10%|
|Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander||0%|
|Two or More Races||5%|
|Race and ethnicity unknown||2%|
|Percent of Undergraduate Students by Age|
|24 and under||51%|
|25 and over||49%|
Current Fall Enrollment, including program enrollment, can be found on the Fast Facts page.
College Retention Rate
Students who have the potential to return are those who attend a semester and do not graduate before the same semester the following year. The Retention Rate compares (a) the number of students who return the following year to (b) the number of potential returning students.
|Mercy College Retention Rates|
|Fall 2014 to Fall 2015||76%|
|Spring 2015 to Spring 2016||79%|
|Fall 2015 to Fall 2016||75%|
|Spring 2016 to Spring 2017||82%|
|Fall 2016 to Fall 2017||79%|
Retention Rates by Gender, by Race/Ethnicity, and by Program can be found in the Fall Reporting Data.
College Outcomes Measures (Graduation/Completion rates)
Outcome Measures (Graduation rates) for students entering 2008 as reported to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Outcome Measures for students entering 2009 will be reported in Spring 2018. IPEDS collects data 8 years from when a student enters the College. Three part-time students entering in Fall 2008 took 8 years to obtain their degree. Other students took far less time. Certificate students generally complete the program in 1 year.
Fall 2008 entering students were classified into the categories shown below.
|Student Description||Number and percentage who completed in 6 or fewer years|
|Full-time, First-time||38 of 63 students, 60%|
|Part-time, First-time||1 of 5 students, 20%|
|Full-time, Transfer-in||100 of 132 students, 76%|
|Part-time, Transfer-in||100 of 157 students, 67%|
|Overall results for all students entering Mercy College in Fall 2008|
|Number of students who entered Mercy College in Fall 2008||357|
|Number who earned a degree or certificate in 6 or fewer years||239|
|Percentage who earned a degree or certificate in 6 or fewer years||67%|
|Number who earned a degree or certificate in 8 or fewer years||242|
|Percentage who earned a degree or certificate in 8 or fewer years||68%|
|Number of students who enrolled elsewhere without completing a Mercy degree or certificate||82|
|Percentage of students who earned a degree or certificate from Mercy College or who enrolled elsewhere without a Mercy degree or certificate||91%|
The next tab has Program Outcomes which provide Graduation Rates for individual programs. The Program Outcomes report graduation rates within 150% of the expected time to complete the program, or within 2 to 3 years for many programs.
All Program Outcomes include:
- Year-to-year Retention Rates for students admitted to the program.
- Program Graduation Rates are counted from the time the student is admitted to the program. Time to completion is longer for students admitted to the College one or more semesters before admission to the program.
Program Outcomes also include certification/licensure/registry exam pass rates where applicable.
- Nursing – Master of Science This program began Fall 2017 and does not yet have Program Outcome data.
- Biology (PDF) - The Biology program began in 2012.
- BSN Prelicensure (PDF) - Data includes NCLEX pass rates and information from surveys of graduates and employers.
- Healthcare Administration Online Completion Graduation and Retention Data (PDF) - Students/graduates of this program do not take a national exam.
- Medical Imaging Online Completion (PDF) - Data includes American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Post-Primary Exam Pass Rate.
- RN-BSN Online Completion (PDF) - Graduates of this program do not take a national exam – passing the NCLEX exam is required before beginning the program.
- Associate of Science Nursing (ASN) (PDF) - Data for all ASN programs (Toledo and Youngstown, Day and Evening) including NCLEX Pass Rate.
- Health Information Technology (PDF) - Data also includes RHIT Exam Pass Rate
- Radiologic Technology (PDF) - Data also includes American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Radiography Exam Pass Rate.
Certificate Programs - Gainful Employment Reports