Applying for Graduation
Graduation Applications are available on the fifth floor of the College at the Student Records Office or by clicking on this link. Please have your academic advisor review your plan of study, and then sign your graduation application and return it to the Student Records Office or Darnell Irvine (at the Youngstown Site).
Students who plan to graduate in the following semesters your applications are due:
|Fall 2013||Friday, May 31, 2013|
|Spring 2014||Friday, September 27, 2013|
|Summer 2014||Saturday, February 28, 2014|
Cap and Gown Ordering:
Below are the instructions for ordering your caps and gowns on-line through Jostens. There are no additional fees for your caps and gowns unless you choose to order after March 11, 2014 for Toledo graduates or March 6, 2014 for Youngstown graduates. You are subject to a late charge if you do not place your order on or before March 11, 2014(Toledo) or March 6, 2014(Youngstown).
Please follow the below instructions for ordering your caps and gowns:
- Go To: http://college.jostens.com/jostens/index.jsp?affiliateId=1018987&flashOptOut=false
- Click on Graduation Caps and Gowns
- Choose either: Student Toledo Campus; or Student Youngstown Campus
- Click on either the Associate, Bachelor or Certificate gown (depending on the degree or certificate you are earning or have earned as of the 2013-2014 academic year)
- Click on the Customize It button
- Enter your height and weight and click on Next
- Select the major in which you will be obtaining or have obtained your degree in the 2013-2014 academic year and click on Complete
- Click on Add to Cart
- Type in Your First and Last Name and click on Check Out Now
- Click on Continue Without Signing In (you can sign in if you choose, but it is not necessary to proceed)
- Type in your Email Address under Billing Address for an order confirmation and click on Review Order(You will receive a confirmation email once your order is complete)
- Review your Order Summary and then click Submit My Order
- Once your order has been successful, you will receive a "Thank You" message and confirmation number. Print this for your records. In the event of an order error, you will need to submit this to student records to avoid additional fees.
Your Cap and Gown will arrive at your Campus (Toledo or Youngstown) for pick up on April 16, 2014.
*If you have any questions, please email Lisa, Rockwell at email@example.com
Thank you for placing your order by March 11, 2014(Toledo) or March 6, 2014(Youngstown)!!
Potential Graduation Fees:
$0.70 per announcement
Mercy College conducts one commencement ceremony per campus per academic year in May. The next commencement ceremony for the Toledo campus is May 2, 2014 at Our Lady Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral in Toledo, Ohio. The commencement and prayer service begin at 6:00 pm.
The next commencement ceremony for the St. Elizabeth campus is May 6, 2014 at the St. Columba Cathedral in Youngstown, Ohio. The commencement and prayer service begin at 6:00 pm.
For questions concerning commencement, please contact Lisa Rockwell, Associate Registrar
Other Helpful Links
The Student Records Offices are located on the 5th Floor of Mercy College on the Madison side.
The department consists of:
Heather M. Hoppe, M.Ed.
Director of Institutional Research and Registrar
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred contact)
Lisa Rockwell, B.B.A.
Nicole Benedict, B.S.W., L.S.W.
Records & Data Specialist
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Personal appointments made upon request.